September 26, 2012

A Sad Anniversary Story & Our 1 Year Photo

Okay, that is probably a little dramatic, but just hear me out. We had very excitedly planned on going to dinner to our favorite place in town, The Grecian Key, for our first Anniversary. They catered our wedding and they have the best Greek food I’ve ever had…and I’ve been to Greece before. Seriously. Amazing. Anyways, we already planned what we were getting…delicious dolmathes, terrific tiropitakia, a glorious Greek salad, perfect pita bread, crazy good chicken souvlaki, great Greek pasta and very delicious veggies (this might explain why we’re fat kids).
So, after our fun gift-giving adventure (I’ll get to that tomorrow), we hopped in the car and headed downtown. I told Travis to park out front, which we usually don’t do. I smiled ear to ear before opening the door and suddenly was stopped in my tracks. “Travis, we can’t go!” I’ll let these few pictures explain the rest.
 Oh, the blasphemy. Holy disappointment, Batman! We sat there in shock for a good 10 minutes. We couldn’t believe it…of all the days, they had to choose that one! I know, I know, lots of worse things have happened and we still had a good dinner and I got to spend the evening with my favorite person ever, but sometimes your hopes just get so high, and then to be crushed like that, well, needless to say I had an extra glass of wine. If you look really close, you can see our Thank You card hanging inside. Oh, the irony.

Now that I got the sad part of the story out of the way, how about some happiness! I've seen this picture idea on both on Pinterest and Katie's blog. Using a bar stool as a tripod wasn't ideal but hey, it got the job done!




I'll be back tomorrow with snippets of our fun little scavenger hunt!

2 comments:

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

Aw bummer! I can't wait to hear about the scavenger hunt!

Carolyn said...

Oh no! I was scared that they were closed for good! Thank goodness it was only that day! :) The pictures are so cute!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs