September 20, 2012

Dirty Weekend Adventures

Life is crazy. Two weekends ago, we made our way to Boise for a fun weekend with my BFF and old college roommate. It was a blast and went way too fast. Floating the river, cold beers, grilled turkey burgers, house shopping and a delicious brewery was all wrapped up in two days. I didn't take any photos but I did manage to snap one for instagram.

 
 Gorgeous, no? She's the one I have to thank for making me obsessed with wine and teaching me a little about cooking...and for keeping creepy boys away from me because they always were after her! Ha! I'm so thankful I met her in the dorms and I'm glad she's only 3 hours away!

This past weekend was finally the Dirty Dash in Missoula, MT! Holy fun, batman. If the Dirty Dash or any other fun mud run comes to an area near you, do it! Even if you haven't ran a day in your life! It was such a blast that I didn't want it to end. I'm waiting on some photos so look out for a full race recap in the next week or so. Until then, here are just a couple teaser photos:

 
This is before. Ignore my squinty eyes, but don't ignore my sweet pants.

 After. We were dirtier at one point, but a few of the obstacles kinda clean you off.
This was taken after the race. I'm dirtier than I look, I promise!

It was such a blast and it has made me a little more excited and a little less nervous for the Tough Mudder next month. I'm still terrified though. Being shocked while swimming?? An ice bath? 12 miles? Yikes.

I brought two of my girlfriends from Pokie with me and met my other BFF and her friend in Missoula. It was such a fun weekend. We decorated our shirts, drank wine, ate food, ran the race, got pretty, and went downtown. Missoula is a really fun college town with a neat downtown and a pretty awesome College Football team. Go Griz!
This is my other BFF, Elishah. We've been besties since the 4th grade and she's the sweetest person you'd ever know. She is a chef and made all the cupcakes and cake for my wedding! So yummy. It's been a few great weekends and I'm excited to be spending this one at home! Our dirt yard needs some TLC. I'll leave you with one more instagram photo (follow me @ jstjessontheloop, I'd love to follow back!)


This is our view while laying in bed every morning. I will never put blinds up! Have a great Thursday!
p.s. Next Monday is our First wedding anniversary! This has been the best year of my life and I plan on recapping our wedding adventures next week!
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs