July 18, 2012

New Kid on the Block

Sorry, no boy bands here today.Yay for Tuesday Wednesday! Okay, not really. They're a smidge better than Mondays, but still a bit too far from Friday for my liking! I tried writing this yesterday but computer issues made it impossible to post. So yay for hump day! This weekend was great: full of productivity and time spent with my two loves [hubs and Riley]. Well three if you count the bottle of wine I consumed. Unfortunately, I have no photos. I apologize if you wanted to see pictures of boxes full of junk and two dorks putting in window screens. This weekend definitely wasn't one to document, but I wouldn't have changed it at all! Minus the fact that we still have boxes to unpack. Not cool. Moving is for the birds no one.

I'm still trying to figure out this whole blogging thing. I feel like the new kid at school that doesn't quite know what's going on yet. I was never the coolest kid in school, or the most social, but I wasn't the shyest either. I feel like I haven't changed much. I just go through every day, doing what I do. I'm never one to approach someone but I also don't put out 'don't approach me' vibes. At least I hope not. That's how I'm feeling in this new blogging thing. There are so many bloggers out there and the only way you can 'meet' someone is to put yourself out there! But it is kind of scary! What if they look at your blog and don't like it? What if they pretend they do just to get a new follower? What if they just ignore you because you aren't 'cool' or 'popular' enough?

On the other side, if I'm nervous to put myself out there, how many awesome friendships could I miss out on? How many new blogs could slip past me? I've decided I need to quit worrying about all that silly stuff and just write about what makes me happy and reach out to the bloggers that make me happy. This isn't about being a cool kid. It's about sharing your own adventures and following along on others. If someone wants to come along, they will! Everyone has a different story, a different adventure, and if they don't like mine, they're crazy, that's okay!

Speaking of adventure, I just signed up for these two races:


The Dirty Dash




Holy awesome, batman!

Now if those aren't adventures, I'm not sure what is. I may not survive the Tough Mudder. At least I'll have Travis by my side while getting shocked in the ice bath. #noturningback!

I need to live by my motto. Live for today because you never know when tomorrow isn't going to come. Oh, and new house reveal coming soon!

New bloggers: Do you suffer from the same silliness? How did you get started and in the swing of things? I need all the help I can get.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel ya...starting out in the blogging world is s scary! I'm so glad we found each other! I can't wait to hear more about the tough mudder! I've secretly always wanted to do one.

Sarah :: Plucky in Love said...

I think you're off to a great start! A good clean look is always a good sign. There are some terrible blog designs out there, ya know?

That being said, welcome to blogland! I'm been at it for about a year and a half. I'm just now discovering the power of the blog community, link ups, guest posts, and such and so on.

So excited to welcome a new blogger into the mix!

Glad you stopped by from Friday's Letters!

xo,
Sarah
http://www.pluckypicaroon.blogspot.com

Bethanee said...

I've just started out too! Seems a bit frightening and rewarding and exciting and terrifying all at the same time. Definitely a new adventure!

P.S. came here through Erin's link-up!

Bethanee http://thebblife.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi Jess, am your enwest follower,
I loved this post, so many of us 'newer' bloggers (ive only been at it since jan) feel the same way I am sure, but I really have learnt just to pop over and say hi, no fear and such!! I lov that I found you through Sarah,(how fab is her blog??) and you seem like such a lvoely girl :)
lets be bloggy friends,
From London, Nic xxx

www.ourlittlebalhamlife.com

Unknown said...

ugh...i also can't spell today - apologies!!! lol

Emily said...

Holy carp, you signed up for Tough Mudder! I've always wanted to do that but been scared of serious hurting myself ;) I just started out in the blog world too (more or less, at least seriously), and it's a really cool place to be. You have a great blog design and awesome pictures - two of the most important things for me!

www.whatnowlife.blogspot.com

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs