1. Build something from scratch for our new house! I've never done that with the exception of a CD holder in Junior High. Doesn't count. I want this beauty in our entry:
|Pinned here via here via here|
4. Adopt a dog from the local shelter or humane society. I need one badly. Riley may not approve at first, though. Spoiled only child syndrome going on there. He'd get used to it, though, and they'd be best of friends!
5. Make a decision if this is the year or not we start trying to have a wee one. I'm almost there, I think. It terrifies me, though, in a good way, if that's possible.
6. Really decide what I want to do for the rest of my life. Go back to school for my Master's? Change my direction completely? Win the lottery? I'm just not quite fulfilled with what I'm doing right now, but I feel very lucky to have the job I do. We'll see what is in store for me.
7. Complete my first race! Note: I will be accomplishing this twice with both The Dirty Dash and The Tough Mudder! I had to throw in something that I knew would be crossed off. ;)
8. Grow this little bloggie of mine. Maybe I'll have 100 readers by this time next year? I need to get myself out there more and be more social. Slowly but surely, I'm getting there.
9. Have a dinner party at the new house which will include but not be limited to: wine and cheese tasting, homemade sushi, personal pizzas, cupcakes, jamming in the band room, jello shots and games. Sounds fun, right?!
10. Practice the drums! I have a drum set and I have the basics down, but I want to get really good. Like Travis Barker good. It's a blast jamming with Travis but I give myself too hard of a time. I just need to let loose and bang more! On the drums, silly.
11. Go to Harry Potter World at Disney World. Yes, I want to do this before we have kids. I'm selfish like that.
12. Take a girl's trip to Vegas, New York, or New Orleans. I'm not sure why, but those are the places that call out to me as far as a getaway with the girls.
13. Go skydiving with the hubs. I've done this before with one of my best friends, but I'd really like to experience it with him flying next to me. It's such a wonderful feeling. Too bad he's chicken...
14. Make homemade pasta. I love to cook and try new things, and pasta is one of my favorites.
15. Find or start a book club. I love reading but it would be nice to have some motivation to get through a book. I find myself reading blogs at night instead. Why do you all have to be so entertaining!? Plus, any excuse to hang out with some ladies and drink martinis or wine is alright with me!
16. Use my fancy DSLR more! I may even take a photography class. Scratch that. I will take a photography class. I need to break out of my bubble. Riley is tired of being my model.
17. Master the handstand in yoga, preferably in this location:
18. Plant a garden. I want maters, squash, zucchini, herbs, taters, peas...pretty much anything that can grow in Southeastern Idaho.
20. Volunteer somewhere. It feels good to give back.
21. Go one week without eating any meat and get my husband to do it with me. Me: easy. Him: not so much.
22. Hold plank for 5 minutes. Mission: Impossible.
|pinned here via here|
24. Create a painting.
25. Learn a little about graphic design and make my blog B-E-A-utiful.
26. Break out of my shell and meet new people and continue o live everyday like there's no tomorrow.
So tell me and everyone else linking up what you are going to do this year! Adventure is out there, you just have to make it happen!