So the husband had to hit the road this week for work. He has to travel every so often, and while I miss him bunches, it is still kinda nice to have Jess time and do random things I normally don't do when he's around. I was doing something the other night and thought to myself, "there's no way I'd get away with this if Travy was home!" Now you might be thinking I had a bunch of people over for a party or went out and had too much fun. You'd be wrong. Very wrong. If only I were that cool...
Things I do when the husband is gone:
* Eat cereal for dinner, alongside a half PBJ. I love to cook and feel like a good wife when I do, but it is so hard to cook for one! It's nice to have a break though. I did make it somewhat nutritious by adding blueberries, yogurt, and chia seeds. And wine. Always wine.
* Get out of bed on time. I never do this, especially when hubs is home. Get your mind out of the gutter. It's just so much more cozy with a warm body next to you, which makes it harder to get out of that cozy bed! I only pressed snooze once or twice as compared to the seven or eight times!
* Pee with the door open. Okay, okay. You caught me. I'm guilty of this whether he's home or not. I guess doing it without him here made me realize I probably should close it when he IS home. I'm such a lady.
* Watch "The Hills" on Netflix while working out. I loved this show. Has anyone watched it recently? Wow, how things have changed. It is crazy to me that that was 6 years ago! Lauren's fashion sense has definitely evolved since Season 1. Hello jean skirts! And the drama. Oh, the drama.
* Dance around like a fool to the Lil' Wayne channel on Pandora. Okay, I do this when he's home, too, but he despises rap/hip-hop so it's usually short-lived. I made up for lost time for sure. I think the dog is as into it as the husband. Oh well.
* Make an impulse stop at TJMaxx. I came home with shoes, a shirt, workout shorts, goodies for the guest bathroom, random falafel chips and a wallet. There's no way I would have been able to sneak that stuff inside if he was home! I can't go to that store very often.
Wow. I am super exciting. What do you do when you're home alone? Hopefully cooler stuff than me! ;)