August 27, 2012

House Tour: Pre Move-In

The day has come! I’m finally getting around to posting pictures. I almost don’t want to tell you that I took these pictures the day we closed on the house ::cough, June 20, cough:: It is before we have anything moved in aka before we could make any messes. I plan on posting updates as we slowly get our house decorated. We have so many projects planned that we are so excited about. Anyways, enough of me rambling, I hope you enjoy the photo overload.

p.s. to get an idea of our floor plan, check out this post.
p.s.s. excuse the horrible photo quality. I’m still learning how to use my fancy-schmantsy camera…
p.s.s.s. picking colors from tiny swatches is probably one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do…
House Tour Photos
The basement with a cozy, corner gas fireplace. I spy Jess legs. I forgot to take a picture of the door. We have a walk-out basement. It’s to the left of me in the bottom picture. It’s amazing.

Our wet bar AKA where we spend most of our time. Ok, not really. But once we get bar stools? Really.
House Tour Photos1
The extra bedrooms. The one on the left is our office and the right is our guest bedroom.
House Tour Photos2
The main bath with the cutest little closet you ever did see.
House Tour Photos3
The mud room off of the garage with a separate door to the laundry. Oh, and a happy darg.
House Tour Photos4
Our dining table nook with a terrible view, and the nook looking towards the kitchen.
House Tour Photos5
I. Love. My. Gas. Stove. and the chipped edge granite. and wine in boxes.
House Tour Photos6
More terrible views. This is pretty much what we see from every window on the back/side of the house.
House Tour Photos7
Our main living area which is open to the kitchen. This door will go out to our someday amazing deck. Yes, I picked green as an accent. Yes, I love it. Yes, I’m sure I’ll get sick of it someday.
House Tour Photos8
Where the magic happens AKA beauty sleep. The closet is bigger than it appears. So is the room.
House Tour Photos9
Our lovely master bath. Yes, the tub is as amazing as it looks. Yes, that is a thermometer for the heated floor. Yes, the mirror really is that huge. Yes, we got that last light covered. You were going to ask those questions, right?
A few notes:
* The paint is the same throughout the entire house with the exception of the accent wall. {Sherwin Williams – Nomadic Desert, Dried Thyme}. It was expensive to paint each room different, so we’ll do our own painting and save moolah. I wanted to stay pretty neutral so I could decorate with lots of color.
* I didn’t show you all of the closets. They are all amazing.
* There is more to the basement but it is unfinished. One room we use as our band room, one as the workout room, and we have a toilet in the unfinished bathroom. I can’t wait for that project! Seriously.

There ya have it! Our empty, clean, new home. It’s amazing how wonderful hanging pictures and setting up furniture looks. It makes it much more cozy. Anyone have any decorating tips/ideas? I need all the help I can get.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Those views are just awful ;) What a beautiful home! I'm sure you will get this suggestion a lot but Pinterest! There are some great DIY ideas. Love that little mudroom/nook area!

Unknown said...

so beautiful!!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs