January 10, 2013

Saw it. Pinned It. Did It: {Cookies}

Pomegranate white chocolate chip cookies, to be exact. I made these amazing cookies for an ugly sweater party back in December and holy moly they were delicious. I love pomegranates and this year I bought my own and got the seeds all by myself. I highly recommend doing this especially when they are in season (right now). Cheap and fun (story of my life).

Here's the pretty pinspiration from one of my favorite food bloggers that I follow:


Pinned here via Two Peas and Their Pod

If only my pictures of food could be so pretty...

I followed Kristin's tutorial on seeding a pomegranate. Seriously so easy. Oh, and she's another favorite food blogger!


Mmm I want to make these again and not share this time...seriously try these! Different than the normal cookie and you'll love the little 'pop' the pomegranate seeds give them! Here's the recipe! p.s. If you go to the original recipe she makes it super easy to print out! Enjoy!


Pomegranate White Chocolate Chip Cookies


Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies

ingredients:

1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup white chocolate chunks (I used chips)
1 cup pomegranate arils

directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Mix until just incorporated.
4. Stir in the oats and white chocolate chips. Make dough balls-about 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie. Tuck about 6-8 pomegranate arils in each cookie dough ball. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes, until the cookies are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for two minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
*Tip: You can stir in the arils but it will make your cookies a little pink! That could be fun for Valentine's Day!*

6 comments:

Niken said...

wow, i've never thought about pomegranade and cookies before. i'm not sure how it'll taste,,haha

Carolyn said...

These sound yummy! :)

Katie said...

I love pomegrantes so much..just wish they wouldn't stain everything so much! I bet in cookies these are so good!!

Thank you for linking up with us! :)

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

I love not sharing my cookies :-)

Rachel Easley said...

Looks so yummy! I have never had pom seeds before. The cookies sure are pretty!

Stephanie said...

Holy yum...these look DE-LISH!!! And pomegranates are so healthy which totally cancels out the butter and sugar...right? ;) THank you for linking up with us!!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs