January 8, 2013

Grateful Goals

Whoa. So you're probably sick of hearing this, but Happy to the New Year! I love the excitement of a New Year. I'm not so much a fan of New Year's Resolutions, but I do love to take a step back and think about all of the things I'd like to accomplish and all the new memories that are going to be made.

One of the most exciting things is starting the year in our new home. This will be our first full year here and I'm so excited. We already started it off right with a New Year's party which included ping pong and watching drunk boys sled down our hill. No, there wasn't enough snow, but it was hilarious. And scary. Trav's bum is still bruised!

It's only January which means I still have some time to tackle my 26 in 26 list. Thank goodness because I'm not quite ready to think about turning twenty (gasp) seven in August. Yikes. I can't accomplish #4 without the approval of my husband though, so Trav, if you're reading, please please please oh pretty please!?

I do have some other goals that aren't on that list, which I am going to put here to maybe keep me accountable just a little bit.
grateful


     *The quote above is my priority. I need to be thankful for all the good in my life and stop wishing for more. My life is so full and I need to remember that.  

     *Blog more. This is a biggie. I started this so I could remember all of the awesome adventures we have and I've failed to blog so many of them. Don't be surprised if you read about things that happened 8 months ago. You might hear about Christmas around Valentine's Day. Or tomorrow. I'm more worried about keeping up with everyone else's blogs that mine gets pushed to the back burner.
    
     *Go back to school. I want to. I need to. I think I know what I want to be when I grow up. Now, I just have to make that leap.
   
     *Drink more wine. Done and done. I had to give myself a freebie. This red I'm drinking right now is pretty dang delicious.
   
     *Read more books. At least one per month would be ideal. I haven't turned on my Nook in I don't know how long. I find myself always trying to catch up on blogs but I need to turn the phone off and get lost in a good book. I have a long list of books I want to read. Maybe I'll even join in on a blogger's book club. Any recommendations of books or clubs??
   
     *Take more pictures. I always feel like I'm annoying someone if I have the camera out, but I need to quit worrying about it! Pictures equal memories equal happiness and I need to use my fancy new lenses I got for Christmas!

That's basically it. My goals for right now. Doable and exciting, me thinks. We have quite a list for our home goals, too, but that is another post for another day.

Image from here

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs