December 21, 2012

We're Still Here & Traditions

Woo! We get to celebrate Christmas! And New Year's! And anything else! Clearly I'm glad the end of the World did not happen, and no, we did not stock up on goodies and prepare a bomb shelter just in case. I'm more of a "if the World's ending, so be it, just take me" kinda person. So, in celebration of being able to celebrate, I wanted to share some of our Christmas traditions we will be starting this year. Growing up, we didn't do anything super crazy besides spending time with all 4 sets of my Grandparents. Now that I'm old and married, Travis and I want to start some of our own traditions.

We cut down our own tree this year and I hope we continue to do this. It was so fun to spend some time in the mountains and find our wonky tree.




The first year Travis and I were dating, his family started the "Prather Amazing Race". His parents set up silly games for the 4 kids and their spouses and had prizes at the end. Think "Minute to Win It" type games. Puzzles, scavenger hunts, eating 'dog treats', getting ping pong balls into cups, and so on. It's been such a hit that this year will be the 4th year and it just gets better every year. All I have to say is Trav's siblings better get their game faces on because we mean biznass. This is one tradition I hope stays forever and I can't wait to carry it on with our kids someday.

 

This is our first Christmas in our new home and we will be spending Christmas Day there, just the two of us and Riley. We received some homemade Kahlua (hello yummy) from a friend so we plan on making White Russians. I'm hoping this can be a tradition we carry on. I also plan on washing down these cinnamon rolls with the creamy deliciousness. If all goes well and my kitchen makes it out alive, cinnamon rolls will be an annual thing, too. It's my first time making homemade ones. Pray for me.

Silly Christmas/and or Disney movies are also on the agenda. Did you see all the movies Netflix added?! Fox and the Hound, here we come. Oh, and I can't forget opening our presents from each other.

I would really like to start the 12 days of Christmas next year and have a fun advent calendar when we have kiddos.

advent calendar

These are just a few things we plan on starting this year and I can't wait to keep adding more to the list as time goes on and our little family grows. No matter what your traditions are, I hope you have a wonderful holiday filled with family, friends and all the little things that make Christmas special. I know that's the most important thing to us is spending time with our family and making memories.

marisa seguin.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs