I obviously had to keep with the burlap and red theme. I think one made out of all burlap would be really cute, too! So, you will need:
- Fabric of choice. I used a little less than 2 yards of each.
- Glue gun and glue sticks. I needed a whole bunch.
- An old tree skirt for the base.
- Patience and time.
- Purchase awesome old tree skirt from the thrift store and debate keeping it as is. Everyone loves Tigger!
- Cut strips of fabric about 2 inches wide. No need to measure, I just eyeballed it.
- I found it easier to make my ruffles first and then glue that strip to the old tree skirt. Start at the outer edge and where the slit in the middle is and glue your strip to the skirt.
- Make your ruffles as big or as little as you want. You can make your placement of the different fabrics as wide or thin as you want. There's no right or wrong way!
|No Riley, I'm not trying to do something productive...|