December 17, 2012

Ugly Sweaters & Weekend Fun

Before I get into my weekend, I just wanted to say a few quick words about the tragedy that happened last week. I'm sure you all know I'm talking about the Sandy Hook shootings. I honestly cannot even imagine what the families, responders and community are going through right now. For a person to so easily take the lives of innocent people, especially children, truly disgusts me and it makes me question my desire to bring children into this ugly World. I plan on writing more about this in a later post, but this one is meant to share that my thoughts are with those affected and it's just another reason why I choose to live like there won't be a tomorrow. Go hug someone you love right now. That's one thing you'll never regret.

My weekend was spent with a lot of my favorite people. On Friday, we attended the 3rd annual Ugly Sweater Party at our friends' home. I of course waited until the last minute to go sweater shopping, so I found a semi-ugly sweater and belted a dog toy to the front of it. Yes, it squeaks.


The fuzzy guy is Trav's brother [as if you couldn't tell] and his wife is the cute one next to him. They rock. None of us won 'Ugliest Sweater' but I think we looked pretty dang good. I ate way too many delicious things and drank way too many delicious drinks. After a late night, Saturday was spent eating a greasy breakfast, doing last minute Christmas shopping [almost done, woo!], and taking a two hour nap. I finally finished my 'Saw It, Pinned It, Did It' project that I'll be posting on Thursday. Here's a teaser:


I betcha can't guess what this is...

 Sunday was spent sleeping in [again] and taking Riley out with the in-laws and their dogs for an afternoon of shooting and hiking. Here's my handsome dog in his scarf. He's pretty much the cutest ever.


Now, I don't condone having guns or not having guns and none of us are hunters, we just shot at some targets with Trav's brother's new toy. I will never get political on this here blog so if I offend anyone, I apologize.


After we used up a few bullets [and I showed off my aim], we took the dogs on about a two mile walk. They were in heaven. It was nice because we are finally getting some snow here! Woo hoo! My wish for a white Christmas may actually come true!





I hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend and I encourage everyone to have a blogger day of silence tomorrow to honor the victims of that senseless tragedy.


2 comments:

anna lizbeth said...

pretty jealous of the snow!! and love how you displayed your christmas cards!

Kasey T said...

thanks for stopping by my blog the other day!

1. your dog is ADORABLE
2. loving the christmas card holder.

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs